(LAST MODIFIED: 07 March 2022)
We, Awfully Nice Studios GmbH (“Awfully Nice Studios”, “we” or “us”), are committed to protecting your personal data (“data”). This policy describes how we and our third party marketing and advertising partners collect, process and share information about you.
We comply with applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
1. What data do we collect
The categories of personal data we collect depend on the Services you use and the requirements of applicable law.
2. Data you provide us directly
- Player name
- Email Address and Name, when you contact us via E-Mail
- Any other information that you write us in an E-Mail
3. Data we collect automatically when playing the game
- Account data and game progress
- IP address
- Mobile device identifiers (such as you device or advertising ID)
- Device data (such as operating system, language, device name, model)
- Service and analytics data (such as gameplay data, purchase history and interaction with the apps)
- Crash logs
4. Data we collect from our third party partners
- If you link with Facebook, we receive some data from Facebook like an app-scoped Facebook ID
- Data from platforms where you use our apps (Apple and Google) such as payment verification data
- Data for analytics and advertising purposes, so we can provide the best service
5. How do we use your personal
Your Data is processed by Awfully Nice Studios as a data controller. We process data for a variety of business purposes, including to fulfill our contractual obligations, comply with law and for other legitimate business purpose such as:
- enable you to play our games
- provide technical support via e-mail
- address technical issues and quality control
- operate, analyse and improve our apps and services
- authenticate and/or verify individuals
- prevent fraud or potentially illigeal activities
- manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising
- providing promotional offers
- manage rewards
6. To whom do we disclose your data?
For the purposes mentioned in section 2 above, we may disclose your data to the following categories of recipients:
- customer support software providers
- web hosting providers
- app development platform
- analytics service providers
- advertising partners
Additionally, we may disclose or publish aggregated and analytical information (no information that is intended to specifically identify you, for example players from Austria that played the game the last 30 days) and other non-personal data for industry analysis, marketing, analytics and advertising.
7. Sale or Merger
In the event that Happy Games undergoes a business transition like a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of all or part of its assets, we may also disclose your data to the successor organization or the acquirer of the assets.
Some of the recipients listed above are seated outside of the EU. However, we only disclose your data
- to recipients in countries that provide an adequate level of data protection according to a decision by the European Commission; or
- to recipients in the US who are certified according to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework approved by the European Commission; and
- if we have taken measures to ensure that the recipients provide an adequate level of data protection. For example, in such cases, we may use standard contractual data protection clauses approved by the European Commission.
For further information on these safeguards or to obtain a copy of them, please contact us by using our contact details provided in section 8 below.
8. How long do we store your data?
Your data will only be stored for as long as it is necessary to achieve the processing purposes described in section 2 above or otherwise to fulfil our contractual or statutory obligations. We therefore store your data, depending on the purpose of the processing, only for the period for which storage is prescribed (i.e. for the duration of statutory retention obligations) or permitted by law (i.e. until the expiry of limitation periods for potential legal claims or as long as we have a legitimate interest).
9. What rights do you have with regard to your data?
Depending upon the applicable law where you live, you as the data subject may have the following rights with regard to your data processed by us:
- access to the data we process about you;
- rectification of inaccurate data;
- data portability;
- restriction of processing; and
- erasure (“right to be forgotten”).
If your data is processed on the basis of our legitimate interest, you also have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation.
To manage the information we receive about you from a third-party platform, like Apple, Google etc. you will need to follow the instructions for each such third-party application for updating your information and changing your privacy settings.
To exercise the above rights, please contact us by using our contact details provided in section 5 below.
If you believe that our processing of your data violates applicable data protection laws or that any of your data protection rights mentioned above have been otherwise violated, please contact us using the contact details provided in section 8 below so that we can learn of your concerns and address them accordingly. However, you also have the right to complain to a competent supervisory authority.
10. Children’s Privacy
You may not use the games and services if you are under 13 years of age, in which case you must not download, access or use our games and/or submit any personal data. Depending on where you live, the age you must be to play our games might be higher.
Our games are intended to be played by adults and we do not knowingly collect, and do not wish to collect, information about children. Please do not play our games or use our Services if you are under the relevant age.
11. Our contact details
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- in writing to Awfully Nice Studios GmbH, Claudiastraße 20, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria